View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What is YOUR attraction 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I do not necessarily want to turn this into one of those gossip magazine polls, but since we were recently on the subject of how the media portrays the ideal female figure, I thought I would ask the class what they find attractive in the opposite sex.

For instance, I prefer my girlfriend to have on no make-up or jewelry (except for a ring I gave her) and to have her hair up. I am attracted to tall slender (not skin and bones) women, but my girlfriend is 5'1" wears 00's and she is absolutely beautiful to me. Whenever my girlfriend is sweaty from working out or just working at her vet clinic, I always want to run up to her and give her a big hug to smell and kiss her sweaty face (so long as I am not dressed in nice clothes that I do not want dirty). Blond hair is pretty on women, but I absolutely love my girlfriend's long curly brown hair. But perhaps the most physically attractive aspect of my girlfriend is her big beautiful brown eyes.

Now obviously there are many things that I am attracted that do not fit in with the media's ideal image of a female. So guys and girls feel free to post up your likes and dis-likes that may or may not coincide with the 'ideal' human figure.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Sorry Josh, but man this is incredibly off topic from anything having to do with teaching. Good thing I know you like sweaty girls. :wink: :!: :?:

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:21 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think Josh is trying to get us to think about these things so that we may see media in a different way. Unfortunately I'm not going to answer your question for everyone to see. I will think about it for myself and use that in understanding where the media is trying to go with their efforts.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Patrick, you are on the right track with the goal of this post. I was not merely wanting to say what I find attractive in a woman as Peter interpreted, but rather I was trying to point out that often times if we look at our own personal attractions, we begin to notice they may not necessarily correspond with what mass media labels as attractive. The effort here is for people to think for themselves about what they find attractive and then share those things (within a level of modesty) so that others can view and see that we do not necessarily have to strive for "flawless" physical features in order to be found attractive in the eyes of other people and especially within the eyes of ourselves

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]