View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Technology in the Classroom 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Technology is so big right now and there is so much you can do with it. I would like to know what kind(s) of technology will some of us be using. I know we all took or will take 3850 that is a class on the matter, but I would like to hear your perspective and maybe find out some cool new ideas. Thanks!

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:03 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Technology is not as effective for us music majors that have an ensemble to teach. In the college world, technology is becoming more prominent, especially with tablet PC's. Tablet PCs could be used in any class that does in-class work. You can have each student put their work on the overhead and the other students can see the process that the student went through to reach the answer and that helps everyone understand to see it worked out. Now the down side is that each student will need a laptop, but they are really cool and it facilitates much more class room discussion in the long run.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:23 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think technology plays an integral part in the mathematics classroom. First of all a graphing calculator, this is a really important part of math classes. Another thing is a smart board. When the students can see you working out math problems so easily, they are more likely to understand how to do it. Also, on a smart board you can save what you have been working on and post it online for the students to view later. There, of course, are plenty of other things I could add to this but these are my favorite.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:53 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As a Spanish teacher, I have a lot more leeway than other subject areas in terms of using technology in the classroom. You can pretty much use anything that can be experienced when teaching a second language---that means cell phones, music, games, calculators, computers, kitchen appliances... anything that makes the experience more real!

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:10 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i know that i will personally be using youtube, videos, songs (lyrics), and if my school can afford it-SMART BOARDS :) There are so many things you can incorporate into your lesson plans now-a-days that help with keeping the kids engaged and their interest levels high. We're fortunate to have so many technology-type resources and we should make sure we're using them!!

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:19 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I know that I personally will be using music and videos in my class frequently. Small children generally do well on classwork while listening to music and as for videos it is important to show clips of perhaps a different culture because if you try explaining that to a small child they have a hard time picturing that culture because they are concrete learners so it is better if they see something so that they can relate better

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]