View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Would you go? 
All-star
All-star

So continuing the conversation from class if you could create your own fantasy world would you go or would you stay here? or what kind of stipulations would you need in order to go (length of time, type of people etc). ?

I said that I wanted to stay here because I like the diversity that we have even though I don't agree with everything that people do or believe. I like to see opinions and views of others. I also like to be challenged and as a teacher I think that it wouldn't be as fun to teach if students were potentially all agreeable and not very diverse. Overcoming obstacles and being put into new situations daily is what will keep our jobs exciting and fun. It also forces you to think on your feet and be resourceful!

Katie Stover

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:09 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would not go like I said in class. I need structure and I would be stressed to think that there would not be rules for me or others to follow. I make my own rules about certain things but I need real structure in my life. I was talking with a few people after class about the personality test my art teacher gave us last semester and it came back that I am the type of person that needs a step by step plan for things. I would go crazy without rules, structure, and a set plan.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would not go for many reasons. Like Heather I have to have structure in my life and I would not know what to do if I did not have a plan to stick to. I have a planner that I write everything down in and just like what Heather said in class when I go somewhere I have to have something to do planned out before I get there. I also agree with something else that was said in class that it would not be real. It would be my world but I would feel lost in the sense that I was making decisions for everything that was happening it would just feel like it wasn't worth being there because nothing unexpected would happen and sometimes you need mishaps in your life.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:59 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

If I could go for like a week, then I would go. When I think of my dream world, I would want to go to the beach with my friends. I would want to travel and do all of the things that I can't do because of money. There are a lot things that I want to do, but money is stopping me from doing them. I would love to be able to do things like travel the world. However, I would only want this for a short time. I would not want to have everything I want forever because I don't even think that I know exactly what I want. Sometimes I find out that something I thought I wanted, I was better off without. Thus, I would go, but I would only want to be gone for a little while.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:57 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The idea of being in a wonderful fantasy world that I created sounds like fun but it wouldn't be challenging. The amazing things in life are the things you dont expect. They hit you out of no where and if you are able to withstand the situations it can make you a better person. If I was in my own world then that would never happen so I would rather stay where I am because I am blessed and I dont need a fantasy world to be happy.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't think I would go either, for reasons a lot of you have said. I think it would be nice for a few days, maybe a couple weeks, but in the end, the real world is the real world. I believe that life gives you challenges, and part of growing as a person, and a teacher, is learning how to face those challenges. Living in your own fantasy world would be perfect, I'm sure, but would we really be living? I don't think I would be happy. I need a little bit of un-perfectness in my life so that I can learn how to deal with it. And besides, I love my life as it is, I don't think that deciding everything I wanted should happen would be a good thing for me or for anyone else.
However, after what Kyle said about traveling through time, I really wanted to go to experience other time periods. That would be awesome.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:03 pm
All-star
All-star

I am torn between this decision! Half of me would like to go because I could do whatever I wanted andbe with the people that I lovede all the time. But then the other half of me would want to stay here and live the life that I live now because I do not like change and frankly, I enjoy my life now!
Can we not have the best of both worlds here?
Can we not chose to stay in this world but bring a little bit of the fantasy here with us?

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:18 am
All-star
All-star

Going to a fantasy world seemed great to me when it was first presented. The more I thought about it and listened to the discussion I think I would rather stay. I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. I think my fantasy world would somehow take that away from me. I like that I have tough decisions daily and learn things from new people. I, like others, enjoy diversity and think life would be very dull without it. Yes there is crime and pain and things that I would love not to happen on this earth, in this world, but I think that's a part of living and I don't think I would want to walk away that.

Casey Gill

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The thing about my fantasy world is that I wouldn't make it like a stereotypical fantasy world. I don't want everything to go my way and I don't want there to be no rules. I like structure too, and I like choices and diversity. I would include that in my world. Like I said in class, I would just leave certain things out. The important phrase she kept saying in class was "It's your world, you can put whatever you want in it." If you want structure you can have that; if you want to be able to die, you can do that too. It seems like many people in the class continued to keep their idea of a fantasy world as being a perfect world- it doesn't have to be. It's your fantasy, have it how you like it. My world wouldn't be perfect, but I would definitely go.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:39 am
All-star
All-star

I would maybe go for a week, like others have said. After thinking for a long time in class and hearing other people's opinions, I just feel that I am satisfied with the world we are in. I would like to go for a week to "get away" as we all do sometimes. Just have a vacation like Jennifer said. But I think if I were to stay there I would be bored. There would never be any challenges if you could have anything you wanted whenever you wanted. Everything would be superficial and meaningless if you never had to work for anything.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:39 am
All-star
All-star

I also agree with what the past few people have said. I am torn between the decision, but in the end, I would like to go for a little while and then come back. Part of me thinks that I would be wondering what was going on in the "real world" and if I would miss it if everything went like i wanted it to in my fantasy world. If everything went my way in my fantasy world and I had no obstacles to overcome or anything like that, I feel like I would take for granted all the wonderful things in life. If I had challenges and other unexpected turns in life, I would appreciate all the good things more.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:04 pm
All-star
All-star

For me, I was torn with the decision until it became clear that we could come back if we wanted to. I would definitely go because if I ever got tired of it, I could always just come back. I would like to go because I would like the opportunity to do the things that there simply is not enough time to do in this world. There are so many things I would like to do, whether they be big like travel the world or small like take the time to finish a book I want to read, I would love just having the time to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to do it.
That being said, it may get old after a while so as long as I can come back when I want I would go.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:52 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In class, I agreed with Katie because I enjoy getting the diverse opinion of others. Sometimes others enlighten me so that I may have a better understanding of my own opinion. Also, I don't see the need to create a fantasy world for myself because typically if I don't want to be associated with certain people, then I'm just not. I try to surround myself with people that are open-minded and understanding already. While it would be great to get away from the worries that society throws at us, it's just not realistic. The realistic day to day life is what keeps me waking up in the morning. If I never had anything to do, I would just lay around all day and my life would be wasted.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:22 pm

I think I am going to stick to my opinion from class and say that I would still go. I thought about this a lot while i was laying awake unable to sleep last week and I think mainly because I am a control freak I would love to have my own fantasy world. But i would like to be able to come and go as i please from that world. I would also have to be able to call on certain people to be around me most of the time and have others "banished" from my world when they got on my nerves, but only for a small amount of time. I think my ideal world would include my family and friends, unlimited amounts of books, a pottery wheel, rivers for kayaking and canoeing, mountains for climbing, animals,pets and certain amenities....so pretty much if I could have roamed the earth before it was too tainted with technology and been able to run free and do as I please but also have all the people I love in this world, that would be my fantasy world.[/list]

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

If I had the chance to go to my own fantasy world I would definitely go. There would have to be a lot of provisions with it, but I would go. I would only want the people I wanted in it, and I would have to be able to come and go as I please.

It just seems that there is so much "crap" in the world these days, that it would be nice to get away for a while and relax. My world would be my own personal oasis where people could come only if I wanted them too, and it would be a stress free environment.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am on the fence about whether I would go or not go. It would be a nice vacation maybe to a beautiful beach or something where I can get away from everything thats going on. I would not want to stay forever. I like the idea of not getting everything you want. I say this because when you can take a challenge and accomplish it then I would feel better about getting something. I like working for something rather than just getting whatever I want. I like the fact that everyone is different and I can learn many different things from people who are different for me. Except for a quick vacation I think I would stay in this world.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'd go to a place where I knew I belonged there and it felt right, so much so that I felt like I could commune with the place. I'd want to feel like an extension of nature, but human. Think Treebeard from Lord Of The Rings... My fantasy world wouldn't be too fantastical, it'd be highly outdoorsy and hard to get to. But as I said in class it'd only be cool if there were constant challenges to my purpose there. I'd know I was working towards a goal, but I wouldn't be sure just how or what. I'd want a fantasy world with alot of doors to open, being totally unsure what's behind them or how to open them. If there was such a fantasy world that all people could enjoy and find their purpose, I'd take it upon myself to look after the well-being of such a place. You don't have to agree with me but I'd want more than anything to get out of where we are now and to a place where I know everything happens for a reason.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:58 pm
All-star
All-star

I would go to my own fantasy world. Sometimes I need to escape the routine of school days and I would definitely love my own fantasy world that involved my family, friends and the beach. I would probably stay in my real world until I got bored or frustrated and then go to my fantasy world until I got tired of living there. To be honest if my Grandpa who passed away my senior year could be in my fantasy world, I don't think I would ever come back to reality.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]