View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 If you visited someone elses fantasy world, who would it be? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

If I could visit some one elses fantasy world it would be a wealthy arrogant person. I would want to see life through their eyes to see why they make the decisions they do. I read in a magazine where "Birdman" gave Lil Wayne a suitcase filled with $1 million in cash...!!!! I don't understand what birdman was thinking to just give something away like that.. or even that lady who recently left EVERYTHING in her will to her dog. The dog ended up with her estate and all her money! To see life through their eyes might help understand why these people just throw money around like it has no value.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:40 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think if i could live in anyone's fantasy world it would be a really poor person. I think it would be interesting to see things that they would think were a fantasy that i may take for granted every day. By seeing the world through a very poor person's eyes i may be able to gain a better understanding of the challenges and accomplishments they have to make every day that come so easily to many of us. Once i have visited this world i would be able to understand where a homeless person comes from and how hard their life may be, and at the same time i think i wouldn't take things for granted throughout my life and i would be more thankful for what i have.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 pm
All-star
All-star

I'd go to Bob Dylan or John Lennon's fantasy world, haha. They both wrote some really politically and socially minded songs that it'd be cool to see what they thought the world should be like. I'd also like to go to a really young person's fantasy world. I imagine things would be pretty colorful and simple there. Kids keep things a lot less complicated than adults do.

Last edited by Natalie Brady on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 pm
All-star
All-star

I would love to visit a homeless person's fantasy world. When I'm home I am involved with Room in the Inn at my church that houses 15 homeless on the weekends during the cold months. We serve them dinner and hang out with them and the conversations they get into sometimes are so interesting. I would love to know what they would do if they could get away and create their own fantasy world and see what is important to them.

Casey Gill

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:47 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

if I had the opportunity to go to a fantasy world, I seriously doubt I would end up choosing to go to someone's life where I would be struggling... call me lazy. So I think I would want to be a cartoon, or maybe a claymation thing in a Tim Burton film. Tell me that would not be awesome to see what you look like ss one of those figures, and you could just run around and sing all day and things would morph in very 'The Wall' ways. It might be a little stressful, but it would be like an adventurous stressful instead of the what-am-I-going-to-eat stressful. it's not fantastic if you're not enjoying it on some level, i don't think.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:46 am
All-star
All-star

If I visited someone else's fantasy world I would have to say that I would want to visit a person who lives in Africa. I want to visit Africa so bad and would love to visit it through a native persons eyes so bad. I would love to taste the food, see the sencery, and watch the animals. I would only like to do this for a little while, however, because I really enjoy seeing the world through my eyes and believe that what I have is greater than any other fantasy world out there!

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:45 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would have to go with someone who was completely opposite of myself. Or somewhere really crazy like a Tim Burton film or my favorite book.
What if I went into the fantasy world of a homeless person or someone from a third world country? Would their fantasy be simpler than mine? Maybe in their fantasy world they would have a new pair of shoes everyday, a nice warm meal whenever they were hungry or no sickness and pain. I think that would shock me into seeing the things that I take for granted everyday.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 pm

I think I would possibly go to Willy Wonka's world. I have always thought it would be so neat to be able to lick the wall and it taste like "snozzberries" and to be able to play around all day with candy and stuff like that. It would be pretty awesome, think the hardest job you would have all day would be to test candy and come up with flavors that you would want to eat! how hard could that be?

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Tim Burton. I love watching his movies and there is always something insanely interesting about his movies. I know he gives us a glimps for every movie he directs, but to see what camera's can not show would be amazing. I guess George Carlin would have been another. I'm a bit more hesitant with this however because am much as I admire him, he had some really spooky stuff. But then again, he thought up things in his head that were so out of the field, the people working in the parking deck didn't even have a chance.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:09 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

If I had to pick one person's fantasy world it would be JRR Tolkein. I don't mean the world he created but the world he wanted where nature was highly valued and history was always understood and appreciated. For him it seemed as if he lived to reflect the past and what he loved about it rather than make history or change things. However, he did just that by pouring his mind, knowledge and passion into something we all have heard of. To me Tolkein would have built his house around a tree rather than lop it down simply out of respect for something much older and fragile.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The fantasy world of George Lucas would be really cool. It has all the elements of science fiction and fantasy, but it doesn't take away the suspense and drama of our own worldly lives. It combines everything about life now, except with Jedi and pretty cool technology. It just be neat. Or just to be on the USS Enterprise on Star Trek: The Next Generation, because it has a room that you can program to be anything, a scene in a book or movie, and you can insert yourself into the scene. That means you would have unlimited opportunities to experience anything you wanted to!

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Like Ashley, I would want to go to the world of a wealthy man, possibly Bill Gates. I am curious what goes through their minds on a daily basis. I would want to see what they do in their world and what makes them do what they do. I would want to know what they think about Obama being in office and what they feel is wrong with the world today. To look through the eyes of someone with so much money, knowing they could use their money to help the world, would be amazing.

Looking through a poor persons eyes would be nice too. I would like to get a sense of what both sides of the spectrum are thinking, especially since they are so far apart.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]