View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Gays and Interracial couples at prom 
All-star
All-star

I was just wondering how yall felt about some schools not allowing gay or interracial couples attend prom?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:12 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that is crazy. It's the kid's prom, let them take whoever they want. Like somebody said in class, telling one student that they can't go with a person of the same sex is like telling a black student they can't go because they're black. It might be just because of the area that school is in, I could see that being a bigger issue for students in a rural area.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:26 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It was discouraging to learn for sure. I know it won't be allowed in many places for many more years, and it isn't right. GLBT or interracial couples will still be afraid of being harassed or prejudiced against, and people who don't agree with the GLBT "lifestyle" will still be uncomfortable, angry, or both.

I'm not sure how long it will take for it to be acceptable for interracial or GLBT couples to be accepted in our society, but I hope it's within my lifetime.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]