View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Asian Festival 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I wanted to invite everyone to the Asian Festival this Saturday, Jan 31st, 5pm-8pm in the Blue ridge ball room.

Theme-Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce? "Breaking stereotypes"
everything is free so just come and enjoy the food, show, and booths!

I'm the president of Asian Student Association. This year I wanted to focus the festival on breaking asian stereotypes. Every day of my life I am faced with people already assuming something about me. I wanted to stress that not all good stereotypes are good.

Just because I'm Asian does not mean I'm all ways going to make straight A's and because I get an A does not mean that my culture had anything to do with it. I worked my butt off just like any body did to get an A. There has been more than one or more times in class where people handed me the work or art to do because I was Asian.

The purpose for Asian Festival this year is to just show people that we are normal college students and we hold no special talent because of our culture or race.

So just come out enjoy some Asian food and performances! Get to know us!

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am not going to be here this weekend but I really wish I was... Having events like this is really good to show people what your culture is all about!

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:00 pm
All-star
All-star

Hey Judy. I am really interested in coming to the Asian Festival. I got your email about it. I've always been interested in Asian culture. Does the Asian Festival focus on a particular country or is it generalized? What kind of food will be there? I'll probably come for a little while. I hope to see you there!

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:59 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Hey I'm so sorry I didn't respond back to you in time. We focused more on the Southeast Asians. I hope you did come and that you did have fun though.

we had coconut deserts, eggrolls, sushi, (sorta fortune cooky like flowers), fried noodles, fried rice, white rice, sesame chicken, leche jello, tropical fruits etc.....we had a lot of food in general

it was really fun...about 200 people showed up....

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]