View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:34 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Characters unite 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Hey for those of you that are interested... theres a website called characters unite ... www.charactersunite.com

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 am
All-star
All-star

I like that video. I wish more people would look past our differences. Thanks for posting that! It made me smile.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Your welcome :lol: it makes me smile too every time it comes on tv.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:31 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That was really good! I wish that more people could feel that way about -isms! Thank-you for posting that.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:49 pm
All-star
All-star

Thanks for posting this video! I really like how simply it puts this idea of us all being one and no person better than the other. It is very inspiring and reminds me that as teachers we should encourage our students to view each other like this!

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:21 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I feel that this video is helpful because as teachers we need to constantly remember that everyone our classrooms will be filled with students from all different cultures and all different backgrounds. I think as teachers we should strive to not only help our students to see the similarities that exist among them but also be able to recognize and respect different student's cultures, backgrounds and skills.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:50 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That video was precious! I totally agree...it is time to realize that we are all equal. We were all created in the same image and by the same creator and I get so angry when one group of people think they are better than the other. What makes them think this? Their skin color? That makes no difference...it is the heart that counts. Thank you for posting this video!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 am
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This was great! :) Since we are going to be teachers it is important that in a diverse world we see everyone and value everyone on the same level! :) We can not expect our students to treat each other with respect if we as teachers do not respect all races and diversity among our students.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:42 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Great vid, thanks for posting that. I agree with Nicole we need to recognize everyone's differences since we are going to be future educators. We need to treat everyone in our classroom the same and start everyone off with a clean slate. Do not listen to what the old teachers said about the student.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:45 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That video is right. We are all equal and I agree about how as future teachers we need to look forward to the future and not in the past.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:52 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I liked the video! As future teachers we can be looked at as role models. We always should treat every student as equals and respect every student along with their culture, beliefs, and everything else that is apart of their life. Hopefully our actions will rub off on the students.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:29 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I love videos like this!! I wish we didn't have isms and we didn't judge people based on their color, hair, sex, or any other orientation they may have. As teachers we need to watch this video and take meaning away from it. I love when people stand up and say they aren't going to take an ism and criticism. Thank you for posting this video, it made my night brighter.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:35 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This was a good video. It was very inspiring. Wouldn't it be kinda cool to incorporate something like this into the classroom when we are learning about diversity, and have our students pledge.

But yeah, I totally agree that teachers should hold all their students to the same level and look past all the isms, because we shall be free. (referencing Garth Brooks song We Shall Be Free)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/garth ... 4256408150

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:24 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I feel that as teachers (new teachers) we should set the example to our students. They may have been treated differently before, but it is our responsibility to change that. We can treat our students equally. If we all treat others as we want to be treated, then I feel we will have students who will thrive and succeed in our classrooms. We CAN make a difference in the lives of our students, and I WILL!!!

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:21 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]