View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Move or Stay 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

If I had the choice to stay in our world or move to a world where I could do whatever I wanted whenever I would...I would be there in a heartbeat. Yes we can do whatever we want in this world but there are consequences. I spent 21 years of my life doing what I am told so ultimately I can do what I want. Whos to say how long I would stay there? I would be there long enough to escape the stressors of this world and get caught up on the things I want to do. Many people say they like the feeling of achievement in the real world, but I feel like in my world I would still achieve stuff I just wouldn't have someone there to pat me on the back when I was done. Which is ok with me the sense of personal achievement and knowing that I done it myself is good enough for me.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:26 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would stay in this world because I feel like I've worked hard to accomplish goals I've set for myself, and I will continue to work hard to achieve my future goals. While there are many things wrong with this world, eventually in a new world things would became chaotic and unbalanced, only making us want to move to another new world. No matter what world you're living in someone's always going to be unhappy and things are always going to need to be improved and changed, so why not change the world we live in now?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As far as moving to a perfect world of my own, I think I would go there, create it, and then come back. Whenever I needed it for a break then I would go and relax, however as for staying there, no thanks. I like living with the fact that we can make choices which affect the direction we are going. What is so wonderful about having everything you want all the time in a perfect place where you can't make mistakes. It would be great for a "vacation" but not in real life. I must say that I'm going to have to bring religion into this for my OWN personal belief. Heaven, to me, is that perfect place where you can have anyone you want and everything you want. I am here right now until I go to that better place. And as crappy as this place can seem, I'm holding out for what I believe in for eternity.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:26 pm
All-star
All-star

Given the situation, I would probably go back in forth between "worlds" or whatever. But I feel like that's what vacations are for. But in the world you create, anything is game. So if you wanted a similar world to ours but with other options, then go for it. Why not? I feel that people that want to stay are either perfectly happy with their lives or just concerned how they would be viewed or something. So, I am kind of caught in the middle.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:34 am
All-star
All-star

The biggest question that popped in my mind was, “Would I be able go back to the real world?â€

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:10 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

If it had this opportunity, I would ABSOLUTELY go. There would be no doubt. I would take all of my loved ones and we would live in this wonderful world. This does not mean that I would forget about all my responsibilites and everything I am doing in this world. I would continue going to school to be a teacher in my new world, because to me this is what I want to be doing. Of course I would make some changes to my college, and not require some of the classes that are required here (for example ANY kind of math...I'm an English major, no thanks!) but I would still work hard and seek my degree. I think that a lot of people interpreted this new world as a place where you would do nothing all day long, but I didn't see it that way. To me, doing nothing all day is NOT fun. I like to work hard, as long as I feel like I am getting somewhere. I am very religious, and this discussion reminds me of a book I read about Heaven once. It said in the book that people are concerned that they will get bored in Heaven doing nothing all day long, but that is not how it will be. You will not be doing nothing, instead you will be doing satisfying and rewarding work that makes you happy. This is how I view my new world.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:46 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would definitely go if given the chance. There are plenty of times where I get sick of dealing with money issues, friend issues, family issues, and so much more. Knowing this world would allow so many options that I get to decide is something I could get used to. If something bad happened to someoone I knew in the real world I would want to be able to go back. I would treat it as a vacation or a get away place for myself.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:50 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think if I had the pick to stay or leave that I would have to say that I would stay. I am pretty happy here. I think that it would be nice to go on a vacation in the perfect world, but I wouldn't want to stay. I like having adventures and I love the family and friends that I have in this world and I couldn't imagine leaving them. I think that it would be a weird concept not to have to work and everyone being perfect all the time and not having pressure.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2