View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:13 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sex ID Test 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I found this really neat test on BBC's website and I thought some other people find it interesting as well, especially since our next unit after race has to do with sexual identity. Plus, since Joni brought up the idea of same-sex versus co-ed classrooms and many people mentioned how boys and girls learn differently, I thought this would be particularly relevant. If some girls tend to be more "male" brained and vice versa, then couldn't all students learning still be categorized as co-ed?

This test shows if you generally have a more "female" or "male" brain. Suprisingly, according to BBC, about 17% of males and 17% of females have the opposite type of brain than expected. It has been shown in studies that there are certain cognitive activities that females tend to be better at and certain ones that males tend to be better at. This test gives an idea of which way you tend to be through a series of related activities. It's kind of long, but it will save as you go so you don't have to do it all at once.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... ml?users=1

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:07 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Thank you for posting that, it was very interesting! I took the test, and then I had my entire family take it as well. We all have the brains of our actual gender, but I think it would be interesting to see if anyone gets the results of the opposite gender. I love quizzes like this, and I think this really shows how different male and female minds are.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:44 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Thanks Sara for posting that. It was really interesting!! I think everyone should try to take that at least once to see where they stand. It really doesn't take that long. If students took this quiz I think it will help the teachers know how to better facilitate their learning.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:23 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]