View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 harry potter 
All-star
All-star

Yeah I also didn't notice Narnia wasn't on the list...I wonder why. Hmm... There are many Christians in the U.S. and so that book pretty much promotes their religion so of course they aren't going to ban it. But then Harry Potter comes along and they freak out. I'm not saying all Christians freak out, just the ones that actually take this stuff seriously. I mean come on people, it's FICTION. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the word "fiction" in this context is:

"A literary work whose content is produced by the imagination and is not necessarily based on fact."

However, I think that people who get offended by Harry Potter or The Golden Compass think that their children will read these books and will want to participate in witchcraft or whatever (or worse, become an atheist like me-ahhh!)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:15 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2