View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Transgender Revolution Video 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I thought the video "Transgender Revolution" was really interesting and it made me think about transgender people in a whole new light. I have never really thought about what they have to go through in order to be the sex that they want to be.
I think it is disheartening to hear that they can lose their jobs, medical insurance or any other rights for that matter simply because they are transgender. I do not think that they can help what they are and they should not be punished for the way they were born.

Comments? Questions? Ideas?

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This video was really eye opening for me too. It is so difficult for me to imagine what it must be like to just know that you are in the wrong body. I have never in my life questioned my own gender, and it is amazing to see that so many people have to go through that. The fact that their insurance will not help with that expensive surgery is so sad to me, because like the man in the video said, to them being in the wrong body is just as horrible as having a disease. I am happy however that they are getting their voices heard and have so many support groups. They stand up for each others' rights, and I think that is great. I feel like the transgender revolution is just one more step our society has to take in accepting all people. I say this too as a very religious person. I love God and I consider myself a devout Christian, but I look at it this way: what did Jesus say about gay or transgender people? Absolutely nothing.

While we are on the topic of transgender people, there was an article on CNN earlier about the trial beginning today for a man who murdered a transgendered man last year.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:51 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree that it is disheartening, but it is due to a lack of understanding. The subject of transgender is so touchy and so controversial that I suppose close-minded people would rather rid themselves of having to think about it by ridding themselves of the actual person. I really do hate it for transgender people because they must have a really difficult time growing up and it can definitely affect how they learn and if they can learn at all. If they are always on their guard or always being put down, their quality of life is just so much less than it could be and it's really a hard situation to remedy.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]