View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hi 

Post Hi
Gayle had mentioned that she wanted us to come on here and introduce our selves so, here we go...

My name is Megan Ames. I am a mathematics, secondary education major. I would like to teach algebra, trigonometry, and geometry. I first became interested in education when I was very young. I'd come home from my classes and take out my notes then play "School" with my little sister. She was able to do basic arithmetic and even fractions before she completed kinder garden.

My family is originally from NY. We moved around a lot when I was little and that is what brought me down to North Carolina. I am in my fourth year here at Appalachian and my baby sister just started her freshman year at University of South Florida in Tampa.

If you want to know anything else about me, just ask :)

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:07 pm

My name is Sarah Smith and I am a junior elementary education major. I have wanted to teach since I was a little girl and I hope to have a 2nd classroom of my own in the near future.

My family is originally from North Carolina but we have also lived in Tennessee and Kansas. My family is very important to me. My little sister is a junior in high school and my older brother just finished his masters at Virginia Tech and is now working in Baltimore.

My faith is the most important thing in my life. I also love to work out, read, and cook. :)

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Hey, I'm Erin Basham. I am a junior in my last full year here, and planning to teach social studies of any kind to high school, preferably history. The majority of my time is either spent with the people in my life, doing school work, or running. I have somehow known since I was a little girl that teaching was for me, so I've always been on that track. I really have many goals as a teacher, that mostly involve filling their time with what are hopefully the genuine things of life.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 am

Hey guys! My name is Leslie Wicker and I'm a Junior music education major! I've lived in Bahama, NC all of my life (in case you're confused... it's about 10 miles outside of Durham) =). I attended Durham School of the Arts. It was here that I realized how important the arts are to me and how much I want to be a part of trying to keep them in public schools. My grandmother was also a teacher and I'm excited to be following in her footsteps. I'm here as a vocalist but I also play piano, saxophone, clarinet and guitar. I'm an only child and as cheesy as it sounds, my mom really is my best friend. I love to cook, bake and play with my dogs.
I always thought I would want to teach high school chorus classes but I am now considering elementary general music as an option!

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi! My name is Courtney Dunlap and I am from a small town in central North Carolina. I am sure very few people have heard of Robbins, NC, but I am proud to say that I have lived there my whole life. My family owns a farm and I have never known anything but small town life. I hope to get a job next fall after I graduate in the same area I grow up in. I really enjoy reading and spending time with my family. My goal for this year is to survive this semester and enjoy my student teaching.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Hey! My name is Laura Absher. I am from West Jefferson, North Carolina. I am a Junior here at ASU and an Elementary Education major with a concentration in Science. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in fourth grade. I have taken dance since I was three years old and have taught dance at my local studio since I was a Sophomore in High School. Dance is a big part of my life and is a way that I enjoy expressing myself. I also LOVE doing anything outdoors and cooking!

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:52 am

Hi! My name is Brooke Estridge. I am a Junior, majoring in English Secondary Education. I'm from Charlotte, NC. I have spent the majority of my life in Charlotte, but I did live in St. Louis, Missouri for about six years-- I love visiting the Midwest whenever I can! My family is a huge part of my life, and I LOVE sports, coffee, music, and being outdoors!

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Post Hi
Hi, I'm Jessica Llewellyn. My major is mathematics, secondary education. I am a senior here at ASU and plan to do my student teaching this up coming spring. I am originally from Mount Airy, NC. I currently live in Wilkesboro, NC, with my Husband, Jason.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:35 pm

hey! I am Ali. I am a senior here at ASU! My parents both went here along with five other of my relatives. I was born and raised in Charlotte, NC and attended Charlotte Catholic High School. I am the Recruitment Vice President for all Panhellenic sororities here at ASU so most of the time I feel like I have two majors; elementary education and sorority recruitment. I have a very loud laugh!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi! I'm Rachel Thompson. I'm a junior, middle grades language arts and social studies major. I was born and raised in Mooresville, NC. I have a younger sister named Olivia, a momma and a daddy, a dog named Frisbee, and 3 kittens named Daisy, Lily, and Iris. I have wanted to teach since I was a little girl and I am looking forward to getting in the classroom. There are a few things that are extremely important in my life- my God, my family, and my friends. I live by faith with the knowledge that teaching is God's plan for my life. If you have any questions, just ask!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Hey Everyone! My name is Rachel Lowman. I'm currently a Junior here at ASU. I am majoring in Middle Grades Education with the focus of Language Arts and Social Studies. Also I'm minoring in Psychology with the hope that I will go to grad school for school psychology and/or education leadership. I simply love working with young people and feel it is a responsibility I can't take lightly.
I was born in Henderson, NC but I would call Charlotte my home. The most important part of my life is my relationship with God and the excitement I have in seeing what He has planned for me. Also, my family has always been a great blessing and encouragement that I will never take for granted. We are all musically inclined and one might often find us singing or talking about music when we’re together. In terms of music, I listen to almost every genre and I feel like it's a great way to express my personality and my joy. :D

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello all! My name is Karen Worlds. I'm a Senior English Secondary Education major. I am from Smithfield, North Carolina (You know, the place with the HUGE outlet off I-95... it's how we are known, haha). I have wanted to teach since Middle School. My 7th grade English AIG teacher taught me to push harder everyday for what I wanted and to never doubt myself. I don't know if he knows how much he changed my life, but he really truly did. My career choice was just reinforced throughout high school when I met more and more fabulous teachers, one of whom is still a mentor of mine.
I am a complete work-a-holic. I live in the library- the basement preferably... and sadly, I am not joking. The empolyees there know me by name. Haha. If you ever want a study partner, just check in the basement, I am surely to be there.
I like to spend most of my free time, when it's warm, by Watagua Lake... whether it be kayaking, swimming or boating.

Hope my 'about me' wasn't too boring! See you all in class.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi, my name is Dewey Bustle. I am from Troutman, North Carolina and am the oldest of four boys in my family. I am a senior mathematics education major up here at Appalachian. I love math and showing individuals new ways to grasp a concept. I also love all sorts of sports. I have played what seems like everything and hope to one day be a high school coach. If you want to know anything else just ask and I would love to tell you more.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey Everyone!

My name is Courtney Rickenberg. I am a Senior Family and Consumer Sciences Education major. I'm from Davidson, North Carolina. I have one older sister and a brother in-law who live in Charlotte. I have a little dog named Schooner, like the big sailboats. I love to do anything outside. I also enjoy cooking, sewing, and riding horses! I like all types of music, especially if I can dance to it! I hope you all have a wonderful night! See you in class :)

-Courtney Rickenberg

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

:arrow: My name is Jessica but people have called me 'Jenks' since I was 11. I am a Secondary Math Ed Major originally from High Point, NC. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2010. I may jump straight into teaching, I may go to graduate school, I may even just take a year off... This past summer I visited the Dominican Republic and I fell in love with traveling. I find it hard to sit still and hard not to draw cartoons. When I am not in class, I work at the Watauga County Parks & Recreation and I am a caretaker for an elderly lady who is by far the wisest person I have ever met. I live in Boone for the time being and host insane dance parties at my house regularly.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:06 am

Hi, My name is Mallory Bendig and I am History Secondary Ed major. I am a senior here at ASU and I am loving it. I was born in Colorado, but grew up in Charlotte, NC. I attended Providence High School and played softball, volleyball, and was on the dive team. I had a fun time in high school, which I think is the reason I want to go back and teach in high school. I want to coach as well. I am excited and nervous about student teaching and getting out into the real world. I enjoy scrapbooking, photgraphy, music, movies, and people.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:47 am

My name is Tim Joyner and I am a History Secondary Education major. I am a senior here at App, coming from Butler High School near Charlotte NC. One reason I want to teach is because I believe the best thing you can do with your life is give yourself to public service. Civic responsibility is very important to me and teaching is how I plan to express that. I also collect comic books, I love watching movies and TV shows and have an extensive DVD collection, I love to watch football, and play video games.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 am

Hey everyone, my name is Jackson Gibbons and I am a secondary ed, history major. I have wanted to teach for quite some time and even though it's going to be a challenge I think it will be fun. I was born in Charlotte and lived there my whole life, I went to Myers Park High School and i thoroughly enjoy playing basketball, soccer, and football. I hope to have a wonderful semester with all of you and that together we can achieve wonderful things.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey, my name is Clayton Edwards and I'm a senior music education major. My focus is instrumental education and I very much want to start out as a middle school band director. I am from Davie County, North Carolina (the city of Mocksville), and I have lived there all my life. This class is sure to be an interesting one and I look forward to a semester with all of you.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Whats up? My name is Michael Cochran and I'm a senior history secondary ed major with a minor in spanish. I am from Chapel Hill and I have wanted to become a teacher for quite some time. I play ultimate frisbee and work at Harris Teeter in most of my free time. I look forward to this upcoming semester.

-Michael S Cochran

Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next