View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Schindler's List 

For one of my community events, I attended a showing of the film Schindler's List by the Center for Judaic, Holocaust, & Peace Studies. I have always heard of this film and knew it was about the holocaust but I had never seen it. I went into this film knowing absolutely nothing about it other than it was set during the Holocaust.
The first thing that struck me about it was the length. The movie is over three hours long, and it definitely uses every minute of its run time. The movie, which tells the story of how one man saved 1100 Jews from the terrors of the Holocaust, was very good. Schindler, a member of the Nazi party and a war profiteer, essentially buys 1100 "workers" away from Auschwitz. It is story of what one person can do in the face of evil.
This movie gave me the opposite feeling I got from viewing the Milgram experiment. Seeing what good one person can accomplish, as opposed to what harm people are capable of inflicting to their fellow human beings reaffirms a bit of hope for humanity.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]