View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 James Bell Teacher of the year 

Last Friday, November 6th I attended Mr. James Bell presentation. Right from the start of his presentation, it was obvious he loved his job and loved teaching. He started out as a journalist and said being a teacher was the last thing in the world he ever wanted to do. Then he got offered a job to coach football and teach so he took it. His first year was a mess and then he settled down and fell in love with teaching, and his students. He provided us with many of different ways to manage your classroom that holds your students accountable for their own actions. Such managing techniques included having a poster with your students names on it and having some type of reward system to where you can hold your students accountable for their own actions by awarding them for their good behavior. He also provided us with tips that will help you while your teaching, most of them were very easy but obvious things that you could easily forget about while teaching. Some of them included to always say thank you, get to know the secretary and janitors because they could be your best friend, and get to know the parking lot. Hopefully we will all end up being as passionate and love our job as a teacher as much as Mr. Bell has.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]