View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Ashe County Board Meeting 

Last Monday I attended the Ashe County School Board Meeting. During this meeting they covered several topics including: teacher of the month, hiring new employees, approving a school trip for their FFA club, and a new program they have introduced called, 21st Century Learning.
I was most interested in this new program it will benefit student who students who are struggling and have a high risk of dropping out. A team of teachers partner together to help these kids succeed and prevent them from dropping out in the future. They have someone who builds a relationship with the students and the parents, english, science, history and math teachers and they all work together to get these students on the right track. Not only do they work on their academics, but they provide them with internet and computer access at home, as well as extracurricular activities. This team of teachers are very motivated and care about these students. You could see in the students faces how much this program is changing them. I hope I get to see how the program plays out and how it changes the kids.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]