View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Step Show 

On Saturday night I attended the ASU Step Show at Legends. I knew what step was, but I hadn’t had any real experiences with it before this performance. The show was made up of eight different step groups, from all over North Carolina. I had no idea that step had so much to it. All of the performances were based on African American pride and history. Many of the performances included a slide show or even a brief skit. The slide shows and skits mentioned topics like Barack Obama, the Black Panthers, and the NPHC (National Pan-Hellenic Council.) I was so impressed by each group’s performance. I am in a sorority and every year we participate in a dance performance called Lip Sync. These groups put us to shame! They were all together on each move. Their timing was immaculate. And each performance was around fifteen or twenty minutes long! It takes so much practice and dedication to pull off a performance like that. I really enjoyed myself at this show and I feel like I learned about African American culture and pride through each group’s love of stepping.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]