View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 FULL 

My good friend, youth leader as a child, fellow missionary this summer, and role model Kendal Privette wrote a book, [i]Full[/i], a collection of poems that is like a journal. She is a teacher in Wilkes County at Central Wilkes Middle School. She has battled with an eating disorder for most of her life and her book is a reflection of this battle and how it has shaped her life. I attended her book signing and reading of her book at the library in Wilkes. She is such a strong women and has so much courage to tell her story. As a teacher I will be faced with young girls who may be suffering from anorexia or other types of eating disorders. It is important that I try and make myself aware of the situations of my female students and help them if they are willing to end their battle. If these situations go ignored then the problems will only multiply and my students may harm their health. I recommend this book to everyone that is going to become a teacher. It gives great insight into the life of a person who is battling with a eating disorder.

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]