View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 What do we really know about the past 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I had a hard time reading the book Ishmael. The author went around in circles trying to get his point across making the book difficult to get into. The only question that I came away with is what do we know about the past. I believe in the creation story so I have a hard time believing Darwin's theory of evolution. God's time is not our time. My grandmother always would say that things happen in God's time not when we want them to happen. When the bible says that God created the earth and all the creatures upon the earth and he rested on the seventh day, the use of days was used for man's benefit so that he could comprehend creation. I do know that many of the stories told in the Bible have been proven to be true. The ark was found in Turkey on Mt. Arafat (I hope I spelled this correctly). I think we know more about some periods in the past than we actually know about the present. People tell us what they want us to know, so if we go on this premise, a lot of the history we know is just what people wanted us to know.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Debbie, I too agree with you- our days are not the same as the Lord's days. As far as figuring out everything- My mama has always told me that's it's not for us to figure out and question everything. That is a part of having faith. It's just like these people who try to determine the end of the time; it's not going to be at any point that they expect. God will come when no one is expecting.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:40 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]