View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Orleanna 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was very proud of Orleanna when she took her children and marched them out of the village looking for a way home.I don't think Orleanna would have done this though if she had not just lost Ruth May. Ruth May's death seemed to push her over the edge. I would have left a long time before she did if I had to try Nathan up when they came to get us. If he wanted to stay, then I would have left him there. It took a lot of guts on her part to lead three daughters through the jungle whether she was in her right mind or not. It is a wonder that they survived with all the wild animals and diseases waiting on them.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:03 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree, it takes a tremendous amount of courage to do what she did. I guess she'd had enough and like you said Ruth May's death was the straw the broke the camel's back in her decision.

-Albert Einstein

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Could you imagine the power Nathan must have had over her, to make her endanger her children's lives because the so-called leader of the family thought it would be a great way to proselytize. If I were her I would have left after the first week and told Nathan good luck. It's just amazing how much influence someone you love has over you.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:53 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that there is a lot to consider when you think about Orleanna. It's easy enough to say I would have left Nathan in the first week in the Conga. But I have to ask myself, would I have really left? If I think about it and be honest with myself. I'm not so sure I would have. Sometimes it is easier to deal with what you know than what you don't know. Imagine how hard it would have been for Orleanna had she left Nathan under any other circumstances. During that time period, she would have been an outcast because divorce was simply un heard of.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:19 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]