View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Somethings I have learned 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have enjoyed the use of novels in both classes this semester as tools for developing the content. We use novels in 4th grade and integrate content whenever possible. However, our integration is much different. We integrate facts. The use of several novels to develop themes and make connections requires a much deeper level of thinking for the students and the instructor. I will say that the number of reading assigments this semester and the depth at which we were to use and understand them was very overwhelming for me.
I think if I were to employ this style of learning in my classroom that I would provide a guide for reading and identifying key points or elements...like an anticipation guide of some sort. Finally here at the tail end of the semster, I am putting some pieces of the puzzle together and making connections to the philosophical aspects brought out in the novels.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:51 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]