View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Final Grades 
Site Admin

Hi everybody:

I am posting this here for several of you who never registered as part of the FDN 3800 Fall 2003 discussion mailing list, and as a result, won't get my group email. For those of you who don't have access to your email, below is what you'll find when you open your latest email from me.

Some of you will find that your final posted grade will be better than the grade I told you you would have when I sent you back your final exam and course grade information. This is probably a nice surprise, or at least I hope so.

Thanks to input from Alana and Tanya, I re-thought the weight I gave discussion board participation. It was, according to the syllabus, to count for 25% of your grade. However, there were a significant number of people who chose not to post very much, yet clearly participated in the class in ways that were really important to me, to the whole class, and to understanding the content of the course. I felt that as a result, some of the grades were, in a sense, artificially low.

Your grade as currently posted on SIS should better reflect the values of the course, and mine as a teacher.

Thanks for being such a great group of people, and so wonderful individually.

Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]