View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 3100 course 

I am not sure if it is called 3100, but regardless I am asking about the no longer required technology course. Has anyone taken it, and did you find it worth your time? Do you suggest others take it?

Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm taking it now. I think its the best thing since sliced bread. Mary Ferrell walks you through the computer and at the same time helps you meet 19 of the 23 competencies in a handful of artifacts. You get a lot of pratice writing rationales and setting up a technology portfolio. It sure has helped me understand the system.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:31 pm
All-star
All-star

But what about us Elementary Education Majors who barely find time to finish their classes in 4.5 years? I wish that we had some power to get some things changed around here. What is so hard about putting all of the requirements, including the Praxis', telefolio, and voluntter hours on one sheet? I really hate that I'm coming off so negative on here, but Appalachian is supposed to be widely known as a "great" teaching college. If things keep going the way they are going, I might just have to begin to think otherwise. :shock:

Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:22 am
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

As I understand it, elementary ed majors take a class in their block that helps them with their technology portfolio. I would ask around and see if that is the case.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:10 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes, I am taking it as well and its a great class to get your portfolio started and almost finished. If you have any questions Mary Ferrel is the instructor and a great one. She can answer any questions you have about the course. It really is worth taking... only one hour a week.

Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:37 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I took the class last semester and it is definitely worth your while! I know a lot of people who are really stressing about their technology portfolio and trying to do it all on their own. Since I took this class I'm not really worried about my tech. portfolio. I'm finished except for what I do during student teaching because I took the class!

Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]