View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 the transgender revolution 
All-star
All-star

that was a really disturbing video-- i know it's because we do not know what that feels like... i have been thinking a lot about the gender roles we force children into. i want to teach kindergarten and i want all of my students to feel like they can do anything-- a boy can want to be a chef and there is nothing abnormal about a girl who wishes to be a pilot or something else "boyish". i think so many people don't even realize that they are "forcing" (for lack of better term) those ideals/roles on people...

and certainly nothing else.

Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:21 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree the video was very disturbing and I actually kind of felt sick after watching it. I agree that children should be able to feel the way they do and feel ok about themselves despite whatever the so called "norm" may be. But I don't feel like it is ok for someone to try to push ideas onto someone else. No matter if it is a transgender trying to push their ideas to a heterosexual, homosexual, or visa versa, whatever the case may be.

Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]