View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 teaching the truth or teaching a lie 

As future teachers, I think that we should think about new and different ways to teach the curriculum. I think that it is going to be difficult for elementary teachers to teach the truth, but more than likely, there is a way that the teacher can word the truth to where it makes sense to the children. I do not think that there is a need to lie about anything, but just simply word it so that the younger children can understand. As we go into the schools as first year teachers, we can always voice our ideas and the worst that could happen is that the other teacher's could disagree with you... and that's life. Not everyone is going to agree with everything that you say. I believe that we as future teachers, should voice our ideas and think about the different ways that we can teach the truth, but on a level that is age appropriate.

Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:58 pm
All-star
All-star

I definitely agree that we should teach our students the truth (as far as we know it). Our students look up to us and we need to do our best to teach what is right as much as we possibly can. I do think that we have to modify what we teach to each age, but it should be truthful nonetheless.

Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:12 pm
All-star
All-star

I definitely agree that we should teach our students the truth (as far as we know it). Our students look up to us and we need to do our best to teach what is right as much as we possibly can. I do think that we have to modify what we teach to each age, but it should be truthful nonetheless.

Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:12 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes teaching an age appropriate truth is the absolute best way to teach specific facts and things like that. The trouble is finding the age appropriate level of what and how you want to say it. But I would say that once you get in the groove and think about things before you say them then they will come to you easy. What you teach is not as important as how you teach it.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]