View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 treating transexuals as equals 
All-star
All-star

I think that we should as teacher treat transexuals as equals. I mean who care how they feel about themselves. It seems like we should focus more on their knowlede than how they appear. I mean come on! we are teachers not doctors or .... Let's think about it. Would we do the same if we or someone was gay in our classroom?

Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:23 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree, i believe that as a teacher you have to put your baises aside and make sure you are doing your job and that is teaching, i believe some things can get into the way of teaching and wondering if what's going on in a childs life is right or wrong, i just believe you ahve to remember your first job is to teach, not judge

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:17 pm
All-star
All-star

I totally agree. You should teach each student with the same enthusiastic approach. You can't treat each student the same because each one needs different things, but you can make sure you have no bias.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:25 pm

I know that along with being a teacher, come some really difficult situations. As difficult as I think it will be to have students of extremely different lifestyles, or parents with really different lifestyles in my classroom, I know that my personal beliefs and biases will have to be set aside in order for me to be the best and most effective teacher that I can be. I am fully prepared to teach students of all races, backgrounds, preferences etc. If that includes transexual students, gay students etc. then that will be fine. I will treat them with the same love and respect that I do all other students. I think that is our duty as not only teachers and educators, but as human beings as well. :)

Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]