View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 White Revolution mailing 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Over Thanksgiving my family got some shocking mail. It came from the White Revolution organization. Their website is [url]WhiteRevolution.com[/url].

What the flyer says is that Thanksgiving is the time when "we remember the White men and women who left everything behind in order to seek out freedom and self-determination in a new land. It marks their efforts to survive, and more, to bring this continent out of the Stone Age, to hack from a wilderness occupied only by primitive savages, the greatest nation in the world . . . non-Whites and their liberal collaborators are trying to rewrite history in order to descredit and dafame America's White ancestry and heritage. The enemies of our race want to distort and lie and brainwash our children against their own inheritance. They would have us believe that Thanksgiving was some kind of interracial Kumbaya-songfest and love-in, rather than what it truly was, a celebration of the successful colonization of the new world by a group of White folks . . . So, when you hear the liberals start to lie about Thanksgiving, remember the truth: America is a better place, it is what it is, because of Whites coming here. If it had been left to the savages, it would have been just another Third World, Stone Age cesspool from the start."

Then it goes on to bash immigration and a second flyer is included titled "Say No to Extinction!!!" which gives demographic trends and statistics about how the White race is soon to be a minority, and how this is such a terrible thing. It says that anyone who is not white is stupid and primitive.

Is this not terrible? My entire family was in shock as we read this. I brought it back to school to share it with you all because undoubtedly we will have to deal with this in the classroom. There will be students who believe these things, and we will have to be prepared for them and their parents. How do you prepare for this? What do you do, as a teacher, when you are confronted with such racist people?[/i]

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:27 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I just checked out that website I included above, and it is unbelievable. You would not beleive how proud these people are to be racist. This movement is much bigger than I had originally thought. It is scarey. Check it out.

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:30 pm
All-star
All-star

Post ??
Could you say more about it, I still can't get the website to come up. I would love to know more if you know anything else. This is an interesting subject.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:40 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Although I know that groups of people like this exist, it is still incredibly shocking when you come across things they say and write. It is so hard for me to understand how they can be so ignorant in their thoughts. What makes them think that white people have anymore right to immigrate than any other groups of people around the world? It the same strong discrimination that they posses that is the reason why their ancestors left Europe. How can society progress in its thoughts of race, yet these people still live with such a racist mindset? What makes this even more scary is that all people are capable of having these beliefs, both educated and uneducated individuals. Futhermore, they are teaching their children to believe this way also. This is a prime example of why topics like racial discrimination should be addressed in the classroom even if it is uncomfortable. Maybe if we can help children when they are young to understand the beauty of living in a country where there are so many differnent kinds of people with such unique things to offer, then sites like this will slowly begin to disappear.

Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:07 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That mailing is unbelievable. It disgusts me that there are still people who truly believe those things. What upsets me even more is that I am sure that those people have children and are teaching those children the same ignorant and hateful values. As teachers, I think that this mailing points out how we MUST teach multiculturally. Allowing students to see the beauty in all cultures reduces the levels of ignorance. It is important to teach proper facts and make sure that ALL sides of every historical fact. For example, when teaching about World War II, explain about both sides of the A-bomb. Discuss, especially, how Japanese Americans were treated, placed in special camps, their homes taken away in many cases. When discussion the Alamo and how the United States obtained Texas, discuss how Polk attempted to start a war with Mexico to gain the states. Hopefully, we will have those children in our classes so we can break the tradition of racism and ignorance.

Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:30 pm
All-star
All-star

I finally got the site to come up. I totally agree, its extremely offensive, I can't belive that their are people that ignorant. Its just crazy. It makes you think who were their teachers, what made them believe these crazy values??? Its just disgusting.

Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]