View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Africa 
All-star
All-star

I just wrtote my dad. He lived in Africa for about 6 years and goes back whenever he can. He mostly spent time in Cameroon, but he traveled there, and I am pretty sure went through Zaire. Anyway, he knows a lot more about African politics, and probably has some good knowledge on Mobutu. Anyway, when he replies to some of my questions, then I will post them on here. I also asked if he could answer any of our questions, then we could have little discussion.

Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:26 am
All-star
All-star

Hey class this is what my dad replied. Its a lot more than I expected!
Craig,
It's late so I'll be brief...
I also read Poisonwood Bible and thought it was a good read. I have both met and worked with missionaries in Africa (a year at the Presbyterian mission in Cameroon working at a center for training young agriculturalists and eight months in uganda at a Catholic monastary working at a building trades institute). I spent a month traveling across Zaire (now Democratic Republic of Congo) back in 1984 and have been in contact with a number of Zairians since then (including some in Barre). I'd be glad to answer whatever questions I can - the issues of missionaries in Africa is big and complex...
Glad to hear you're interested... let's talk when we're on the phone next...
goodnight,
Paul

Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:41 am
All-star
All-star

I would be very interested in hearing what your father has to offer. Too bad he can't make it to our class on Tuesday.

Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]