View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Adah 
All-star
All-star

What did Adah mean on page 443 last paragraph when she said, "This is my letter to the World That never wrote to Me - The simple news that Nature told - With Tender Majesty. Her message is committed to hands I cannot see - For love of her, sweet countrymen, judge tenderly of me!"

Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:49 pm
All-star
All-star

Her writing was very cryptic - It made me wonder what sorts of "demons" the author has! All I got out of it was that she never felt truly a part of the world, truly connected, even after her limp, etc. was healed, since the damage had been done to her psyche long ago. Ada was often poetic with her words, sometimes beautifully, and sometimes very scary and disturbed. It also sounds like Ada is deifying Mother Nature, since she rejected the idea of a traditional God long ago. Her work in Science and Medicine put her into a "relationship" with Mother Nature, and she is unsure how she will be judged by Mother Nature. After their African experiences and tragedies, I am sure they thought more about Nature than most of us ever do!

I'm sure someone else will get more out of these lines than I did. I am not very good at this sort of thing, which is why I didn't major in Literature!

Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]