View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Funerals and Bus Routes 
All-star
All-star

Unfortunately we have had several deaths in the Campbell Elementary family this year. Everyone wants to go to the funerals that have been scheduled at 3:00pm. The problem with this is that it is right in the middle of taking students home. Some of the teacher assistants have been unable to attend these funerals because I asked them to drive. I have rotated this to be fair. Bottom line is we have to get the students home. Am I being heartless?

Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:38 am
All-star
All-star

I wouldn't say you were being heartless, just trying to do your job. If you couldn't switch the route for another person to drive you had to make a decision. In the past we have had a similar incident and our principal drove the route. I know this can be a headache, but it is a good time to get out of the office and be with the kids. They loved for our principal to drive their bus.

Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:01 pm
All-star
All-star

I don't feel like you are being heartless. You have a job to do and the children come first.

Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:21 pm
All-star
All-star

When tragedy strikes, it is hard for people to be rational or to see that you are being fair. Could you get some substitute drivers from some other schools? I don't know your system so I don't know if this is a good idea or not.

Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:54 pm
All-star
All-star

I don't think that you are being harsh, but do you not have substitute bus drivers. I realize that this adds more on your plate!
Have you considered asking other teachers who have their yellow bus licenses to drive and maybe someone could help cover their classes?

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:46 pm
All-star
All-star

As long as you did everything you could to make other arrangements, there really is nothing else you could have done.

Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]