View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Complaints 
All-star
All-star

How do you react when parents go to your principal and complain about you when you did nothing wrong?

Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:04 pm
All-star
All-star

I feel hurt when this happens but at my school the parents believe whatever the child says before checking out the facts. One good thing is that our principal is very supportive of the staff. He does stand up for us.

Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:43 pm
All-star
All-star

I guess like everyone else I get upset-mad, hurt, etc. but I think the key is how you handle yourself before the incident. As educators, I think we must make sure that what we do is sound-educationally and ethically and then we really can't help how other people interpret our intentions.

Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:23 pm
All-star
All-star

As educators we have to prepare ourselves for statements like the one Mike mentioned. Someone is always watching our every move anticipating a mistake in which he or she could complain about. How you handle each situation is important! Also, it helps to have a strong administrative staff that consistently supports and protects the faculty and staff.

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:52 pm
All-star
All-star

Remember the principal is getting the same kind of thing happening to them. Already on the job as AP I've had parents come in and complain that the teachers are doing this or that and I know not to believe it. Most of the time I ask them to go to the teacher and talk about it, not to come to me until after they have done that. Also, I've had parents raise sam with me saying I did this or that. I just try to remember that 99% of the parents are good people and are not sitting in front of me.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]