View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 National Board Forum for next year 
All-star
All-star

Next year, Jill and I are going to try for our National Boards. I would love to do a Forum where we could all keep in touch. Does anyone know of a way to set this up???
To me this forum has really kept me in touch with this class and I feel that I have truely benefited from this type of assignment.

Anyone else out there interested on seeing about this?

Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:49 am
All-star
All-star

Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:04 pm
All-star
All-star

I Bridget, Kellie, and I are going to do ours too. That sounds great! We even discussed meeting up at the Hickory Metro Center once every two weeks or more if needed. We need a set schedule for meeting and maybe that way we can stay up on things and not put them off. A forum would also be wonderful. How do you go about starting one?

Also, I really think that NCAT is the way to go!!!! I really want to do this. Let's check into this and see if we can't get that going.

Shannon

Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:01 pm
All-star
All-star

I would be glad, as a NBCT, to give my input and help answer any questions. I am sure other NBCT's in our cohort would too. When we went through certification we had no help, with the exception of a monthly meeting at Wilksboro. Please include me!!

Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:30 pm
All-star
All-star

I'll offer my help too. I went through the process last year (that's why I didn't start the cohort with you guys) and was on my own except for two meetings at Mt. View Elem. School for assessors to answer some of our questions. Include me and I'll help you guys as much as I can. Believe me, you all have been so awesome to me this year - I owe you big time!!

Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:35 pm
Site Admin

Hi everyone:

I don't want to discourage you from learning to make your own forum... :lol: Actually, If you ever want me to teach you, I will.

But, I'd be glad to offer you space here to have a National Boards forum, if you'd like. Please just let me know. I won't be offended if you'd rather do it yourself. I just thought I'd offer.

Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Being certified as well and some help during the process, I realize the importance of having a team. I would be happy to help in any way I can. To begin with two teachers at Mtn. View offer a course to help you through the process. Both are certified and work for National Board as assessors during the summer. The classes are offered at CVCC. I would be happy to get some more information. Let me know. FIRST, you need to order your packet as soon as possible. The sooner you get it the planning time you have. One suggestion I have is to decide what units you would like to do once you have looked over the packet and set up a time line. NCCAT offeres a week long seminar throughout the year for those going through the process. This is something you should do once you have some of your entries completed. They have certified teachers there to assist, read over entries, and help you with your videos. I found the video reflectinos to be the most difficult. GOOD LUCK and let me know if I can do anything.

Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:56 pm
All-star
All-star

Keep me posted. I haven't decided for sure if I want to tackle this or not, but I am certainly open to it. Also, thanks to all of you who are offering your assistance! If I go for this, I will take all the help I can get.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:45 pm
All-star
All-star

I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Let me know what I can do to help.

Wed May 12, 2004 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]