View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Healing 
All-star
All-star

Did anyone find the story healing as they read it. As it started out I found myself feeling for each character. Eventhough I may not have liked what they did, I could not help but feel better as the story was told by each.
Did anyone else feel this way?

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:00 am
All-star
All-star

If you are referring to the Poisonwood Bible, I agree. I just couldn't put that book down. I cried and I laughed. Somehow, I related a lot to Adah and Leah. I almost felt like those characters were two sides of one person, and that person was a lot like me. The best read yet for me!

Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:14 pm
All-star
All-star

I felt all types of emotions while reading this book. Anger, sympathy, happiness, etc. It was as if I were experiencing these events with the characters. I have also found myself recommending this book to the teachers that I work with.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:27 pm
All-star
All-star

This was the second time I had read The Poisonwood Bible and I found it quite humorous. The first time through it took me a little while to get into 'the switching of perspectives' but I enjoyed it much more the 2nd time around. It was a book that I recommended to other friends that read. Ishmael was interesting, but this book captured me. I could honestly see myself reading it again.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:03 pm
All-star
All-star

I haven't finished the book yet, but I have definitely enjoyed what I have read. Like others, I have felt many emotions throughout the course of the book. Kingsolver does a great job of making you feel like you are there. I hope the healing comes as I continue to read.

Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:05 pm
All-star
All-star

Healing? I felt like each character came to terms with their choices that they all made but I can't help but blame most of their hardships on the father who was so domineering. I think they were all so scarred that they were never 100% happy and carefree.

I wanted Nathan Price to have a change of heart and to admit to all his mistakes. His children had to bear many of his punishments for his blindness.

Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]