View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 African American Teacher 
All-star
All-star

I had the priveledge of working with a wonderful teacher my first 5 years. She just happened to be African American and very strong. From our readings I was able to see her in those stories. Many parents respected her and many African American parents requested her because of her discipline techniques. She said something they did it. No questions asked. Her room ran smoothly for the most part and she did tend to have more African American children in her room. I saw differences in the way she handled kids and the way I did. I heard her say things to the kids, that if I said those same things the parents would have been all over me.

Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:35 pm
All-star
All-star

I have had the opportunity to work with an African-American teacher for several years now as well. I could relate many things in the Delpit book to him also. I told him about the book, and he is very interested in reading it. He is a wonderful teacher with high expectations. Even though he is a strict disciplinarian, he inspires students to achieve to their greatest potential.

Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]