View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Read This if You Do Not Plan to Graduate 
All-star
All-star

Last night at a meeting for the new cohort, the people there were told that classes were NOT going to be offered in the same order. One of the first classes is to be Instructional Technology, like we need that. We need to start sending some emails to the people in charge, because, I do not want to be in grad school for two whole more years! I think because we were admitted, they need to think about our needs too. Let me know what you find out!

Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:32 am
All-star
All-star

You are correct. We should e-mail the department head expressing our concerns. I will send an e-mail.

Thanks for this important information.

Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:04 am
All-star
All-star

If we cannot take the fall classes off campus, they are offering two classes some of us need in the fall on campus.

5040 Teacher As A Researcher on M 5-7:30
5592 Elementary Teaching Strategies on W 5-7:45

We should wait and see what they are offering here, but if we don't need it, we should carpool up there. Let me know if this affects you, and if you want to travel up the mountain together.

Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:17 am
All-star
All-star

Here is a copy of the email that I sent to Dr. Jacobson today. I sent it after reading his reply to Amber, so if it seems I was too nice, I had a reason.

Dr. Jacobson,
I am writing because I am concerned about the classes being offered to the students of the Elementary Education graduate cohort in Hickory for fall 2004. Both of the classes that are being offered in the Fall are classes that most cohort members will have already taken (spring and summer 2004). Although I was not told that all classes would be offered to me, because I started late, I was told that you would try to offer what the majority of students lacked. Here are the main classes:

5230 (Top Two are needed by more students)
These are the majority of classes that we, six late starters, need. I would also like to note that there are other members of the cohort that started on time that do not have all these classes as well. Because of the released fall schedule, several of us plan to drive to the main campus for 5230 and 5592 this fall (although we would prefer to get them somewhere nearby). We would greatly appreciate it if you would try to offer 5525, 5980, 5532, and 5533 during Spring and Summer of 2005. We know that it is hard becasue of other college decisions, but there are several of us in this together.
Thank you very much,
Shelly Cain

Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]