View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 What On Earth Am I Here For? 
All-star
All-star

I must admit that I didn't understand much in the Rorty readings, however, the section on the search for truth did hit home. My church is beginning a study of the book What on Earth Am I Here For? . Of course this does examine the search for truth and meaning from the Christian perspective. I think at times all of us examine our lives and question our purpose here on earth. I am looking forward to reading this book and keeping a journal, and hopefully gaining better insights into my own life. Have any of you read this book? What did you think about it???

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:08 pm
All-star
All-star

Tami, my church is also studying this book right now---we are about midway through. I am really enjoying it and gaining a lot from it. As a Christian, too, I understand what you and other Christian teachers do each day as we SHOW the love of God through our work---now I don't mean that we go to school and preach our religion----but we put into practice the teachings of our faith. I was reading this book and Ishmael at the same time and felt like the cartoon where you have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. I'd like to know what you think as you begin to work through it.

Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:42 pm
All-star
All-star

Our youth group is presently doing the same study and they are loving it! What I like about the study is that it is small snapshots of how we should live our lives.

The teachings are so simple, but life changing.

Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]