View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 A working mom 
All-star
All-star

I read the first couple of entires of those who chose to stay at home over working...

As most of you know, I became a first time mom when I started grad school... after I had my daughter, I was so ready to start doing something after 8 weeks of baby patrol. I felt myself falling into a deep depression. Not that I don't love my daughter, she is the reason I get up in the morning, but I was so ready to get back to work and interact with others. Yes, it is hard to be a mom, work and go to school, but at some level, I am loving it (except for "crunch" times! :) Within my own family, my mom went to nursing school when her three children were little, and then when I was in late elementary school she started her bachelors and then on to her masters. I think I turned out ok.

Yes, I have chosen work over staying at home...and I think Kaitlyn is doing fine... she is interacting with children of her own age and learning how to get along with others... I just don't want others to think that those who choose work over staying at home are horrible moms who are selfish and uncaring... I just think I wouldn't be my best mentally if I was at home full time.

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:22 pm
All-star
All-star

I had to go back to work when my son was nine weeks old. It killed me. I cried myself sick, but I didn't have a choice. The world today is so much different than it was when we were small. Our moms could financially afford to stay at home. Most families today need two incomes just to make ends meet. My son and I are very close. He tells me all the time that he loves me and that I'm the best!!! I guess life has worked out just fine for us as well even though I can't be a stay at home mom.

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]