View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Gov. Easley's Survey on Teacher Working Conditions 
All-star
All-star

My principal emailed me and sent out a letter on this survey. It consisted of over 70 questions based on professional development, leadership, school facilities and resources. Many of the questions revolved around the issues we have been discussing in class.

You need to have an access code (from the letter) to complete at:

www.learnnc.org/gov/twc.ncf

You can also view the results at:

www.govenor.state.nc.us/

Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:00 pm
All-star
All-star

I received my letter at school last week. The letter had my access code on it. I have visited the website. Hopefully someone will listen to us!

Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:24 pm
All-star
All-star

Everyone at my school had to go on-line and fill out the survey. Maybe someone will hear our concerns and do something about them.

Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:05 pm
All-star
All-star

We got the same letter at my school but we were not made to do it. I do plan to go on-line and fill out the survey. Like Heather said, now maybe someone will listen to us. Is this the first year something like this has come through our schools? I don't remember getting a letter like this last year.

Shannon

Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:37 pm
All-star
All-star

We had to fill out the survey also. My principal came to my room to make sure that I filled it out. She was nice about the survey but I knew I had to get it done today.

Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:20 pm
All-star
All-star

I was under the impression that it was optional. I haven't done it, yet.

My principal did make us do the end of the year survey today in the computer lab on line. She stayed with us the whole time. I felt like "big brother, or sister in this case," was watching. I know that they can figure out who said what. All they have to do is look closely at the profile: white, grade level, school, years experience, etc... I don't think they are so anonymous.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:53 pm
All-star
All-star

Today, my principal announced that the teachers who received the survey should complete it. I was not one of the ones who had to complete the survey. Our principal must have selected who would receive it. All of the K-2 teachers at my school (Title I) are new except myself. Some have some teaching experience. This is the first year teaching for five of them.
It would be interesting to read what they really think of working conditions.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:57 pm
All-star
All-star

We were required to take it at our school. Our superintendant stated she wanted responses form all teachers in our system. I just took it today. Pretty good questions but no place to explain or expand on ideas.

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:27 pm
All-star
All-star

This isn't the first time the governor has sent out this survey. A couple of years ago when I was our school's NCAE rep, we had to distribute the surverys. The first survey was not on-line. It was a bubble survey.

Funny thing... Every teacher filled one out but we never received any feedback from the governor. I'm not sure if he sent the results to the principals..I never saw anything from the first.

I went ahead and filled mine out...Same questions from 2 years ago. Only difference - these were on-line. I doubt very seriously if we hear from this one either.

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]