View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Another KKK march. 
All-star
All-star

I am like Heather I didn't realize that organizations like these were still allowed to come out in public and spread their message. But in a smaller town than Morganton, Hudson will be the site of a KKK march on Saturday. This march was sparked by the decision to ban the confederate flags from South Caldwell High School which was then lifted at a later date.

I have never been to such a meeting and would never do this but are groups such as this allowed to say threatening messages to ethnic groups? Free Speech is something we have as a right in America but how far are people allowed to go?? Does anyone have any idea about the speeches groups like this are allowed to broadcast???

Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:37 pm
All-star
All-star

I'm sure they can say what they want as long as they march in peace without violence. One can make threats and still be peaceable.
It is not public school where they get expelled for making threats.
It's almost like a presidental candidate speech. They can say anything they want as long as they do not cause any bodily harm.

Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:22 pm
All-star
All-star

They just had something on tjis in the news this weekend. I was shocked that it still exists.

Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]