View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Picture Book Power Point 
All-star
All-star

I am somewhat unclear about the element of style and technique required for this project. Does anyone have a good understanding of what Dr. Considine is looking for in the element style and technique?? Any suggestion or input would be greatly appreciated.

Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:14 pm
All-star
All-star

is that how you design your power point or hte style of the book---gutter, cover, endpages ete. I'm a little bit in the dark too. How did you include cultural content and representation. ARe we looking for sterotypes in books too???

Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:20 pm
All-star
All-star

I thought style and technique were one of the 6 elements that was supposed to be the main idea of the power point. I haven't added anything about cultural content and representation. Where did you find that? Was it in one of the handouts? The article with all the chapters discussed arthor and artist notes, type, and shape. I thought one of these might apply to style/technique. I understand the others - cover, gutters, front matter, end papers, and panels. I have really just gotten started good. If I could just get a handle on this element, I'd feel a lot better about it. Thanks for responding, Kellie.

Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:41 pm
All-star
All-star

Isn't the style and technique related to shadowing and the point of view or angle of the picture? That is what I put down. Also, about this cultural stuff where in the world does it fit into the elements of a book?

Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:07 am
All-star
All-star

It is my understanding to teach to your audience and remember if you cannot teach your power point lesson in about 20-30 mins. then you will have lost your audience. This amount of time may even be too long. So you can not overload with this power point but you can say that you intend to continue with another topic.... This is my understanding. I may be wrong. Just choose one or two major points to get across.

Anybody else have any other ideas?????

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:10 am
All-star
All-star

Has anyone covered all the topics such as front matter, gutter, end pages, style, technique.... in one power point?

Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:04 pm
All-star
All-star

I have not covered all of these topics. But he said we do not have to cover them all.

Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:31 pm
All-star
All-star

I can't help but worry about what I should but into the powerpoint. Can we tie culture in with the cover of the book by asking questions about the pictures? I just need help. At the rate I am going in his class I will probably be repeating it.

Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]