View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Catawba County teachers 
All-star
All-star

Did anyone else receive a supply list or is this something only my school is doing? I know that other counties are doing it and have always done it, but I got out of the swing of having to order for an entire year.

Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:21 am
All-star
All-star

That is something only Vermel is doing. I know Freda doesn't like it.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:00 am
All-star
All-star

That is something only Vermel is doing. I know Freda doesn't like it.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:00 am
All-star
All-star

As long as I have been at Claremont we have had $100.00 to order our year's supplies. The teachers want it this way. We have tried to start a central supply closet, but some people are afraid that others will get more than them! I think we would get more than 100 dollars worth with a central supply, personally.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:38 am
All-star
All-star

We have a central supply area in my school but the things you really need are never there. (Glue sticks, highlighters, markers) It makes it really hard to plan for lessons.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:45 pm
All-star
All-star

This year our budget has been cut way back. I looked back at our supply list for second grade last year and we spent over five hundred dollars. This year we are only allowed to spend $200.00 per grade level. This is $50.00 per teacher to buy supplies for a year. On top of that the novels that we are wanting have to come out of that money. We were told to priortize what is the most important to get the school year started.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:03 pm
All-star
All-star

Ladies I am sorry!! I teach at l "poor" school and we seem to get more than ya'll do. We just made our orders to finish out this year and to get us through this year. Dawn and I spent probably $600 together. Of course $400 was for the toner that goes in our printers but still. We are given a lot of room. I wonder how our school has so much for supplies and others don't. Maybe you should look into your school plan.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:32 am
All-star
All-star

We have a central supply closet but it is always locked. You have to write down what you want and give it to the secretary. She'll get it for you when she has time (it might be a week later). Instead of bothering with that, I usually buy some things on my own (markers, paper, that kind of thing). I wish each teacher or grade level could have their own supply list.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:06 pm
All-star
All-star

I am not in Catawba County but we have a supply closet and can give suggestions as to what we want. I usually have no problems getting supplies. I can't imagine having to order a year prior to using them. Do you ever run out of what you need? Can you even order everything you want? I already spend tons of my personal money on other items that would definitely break the bank.

Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:28 pm
All-star
All-star

Years ago we received money for supplies but now we have a "supply" room. There is never anything there that you need. If you want markers or crayons you had better go by Wal-mart. I would love to order what I needed.

Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]