View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Nathan's obsession 
All-star
All-star

Janie posted a reply about Nathan Price being obsessed with his role. Sadly, I have known and heard other ministers who remind me of Nathan Price. Spiritual arrogance, control, and manipulation leave a lasting impression, and those qualities do not reflect Christian principles. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Darla Brock

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:16 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes, I have had the unforunate experience of hearing some preachers that sound just like Nathan. They are so full of themselves that they cannot hear any message from above. Most of the time they meet the same ending as Nathan did, lonely and ill-thought of. Most people do see the truth and realize they have forgotten that they are a servant of God and see them as a "master" instead.
I was very upset on one hand because I hope that everyone knows that all men of God do not act like this. There are truely preachers and missionaries who are helping people and do actually spend their lives ministering to others in the right way.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:15 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes, sadly I have known someone like Nathan. He lived beside me while I was growing up. Needless to say, we had problems with him and his family. It was not a pleasant six months.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:34 pm
All-star
All-star

Unfortunately, I still live beside of a "Nathan". The poor man is so caught up in his beliefs that he has become lost to his family. His wife left and then his son. I feel sorry for him but he is so rude and self-righteous that I am almost afraid to even speak to him.

Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]