View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Spring Fever 
All-star
All-star

At this point, my students have a bad case of SPRING FEVER. It is hard to hold thier attention for any length of time. Homework has become a nuisance interfering with more important things like ball practice. With EOG's right around the corner, how do you cope with SPRING FEVER?

Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:26 pm
All-star
All-star

My students are so talkative. They seem to have forgotton how to do everything. I can't help but laugh at some of their behaviors but some of the inattentiveness can be tiresome. Perhaps I can hold their attention long enough to review the metric system. Maybe I will do the Mini-Meter Olympics with them. That should get their attention.

Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:37 am
All-star
All-star

We are feeling the same pain here at Claremont. They are wild!!! It is scary with EOG's coming up. I hope they will take it seriously when the time comes. Walking laps at recess has made them settle down some but it doesn't have the effect it used too. Getting homework in is a task too!

Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:30 pm
All-star
All-star

My kids have gotten it too! Guess what worked today! I used my "Instuctionally Designed Power Point" with our school's new smart board. They were more attentive then I've seen them in awhile---also my principal came in to observe--she was very complimentary---believe me that's big coming from my boss.
It will be like sitting on a volcano from here until the end of the year. I just know it. I anticipate being exhausted from this point on.
I'm trying to make the learning---and reviewing as fun as I can--and even using some brain gym--brain boosters strategies.
Hang in there everybody!

Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:51 pm
All-star
All-star

My little one's are driving me NUTS too! I guess they feel the stress and anxiety just like I do. I am going to go ahead and do my final running records next week. I think if I wait any longer they might regress! I figure they know just as much now as they are going to know next month. It seems that we've lost them. Good luck to all of you who teach the EOG's. I've been there and I know how you feel. Hang in there and know that you have all done a great job! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers in the next few weeks!

Shannon

Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:31 pm
All-star
All-star

We, too make sure our children get a time to run and play during the day. I also try to make games out of the rigorous EOG review. We give the kids a break in the evenings by not assigning a lot of homework. They don't seem to mind sitting still during review when they know that they will get a chance to cope with their Spring Fever later.

Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:45 am
All-star
All-star

Great ideas! Thanks for all of your advice.

Sat May 01, 2004 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]