View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 past teachers 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was wondering what all of you thought was your favorite grade, and what was so special about that grade or teacher.

I remember my third grade teachers the most. They had a way of engaging the class in the lesson. They made learing fun and interesting.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:21 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My favorite teacher was in fifth grade. She would let us go to different parts of the room to do our class work if we were good. She had a wigwam that I loved to read in. She would also let us have duties that we were in chrage of during the week.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:35 pm
All-star
All-star

My favorite teacher was my first grade teacher. Her name is Mrs. Curtis. She was one of those teachers that made learning fun. Also, on St. Patrick's Day she brought in milk, eggs, sausage, and cereal and green food coloring to make everything green. At the time I thought that it was awesome. She always had great and fun activities for us to do when she was teaching a lesson.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:15 am
All-star
All-star

I'm not sure if he was my favorite teacher or not, but certainly the one who affected me the most during adolescence was Mr. Connor, my freshman English teacher. I had stubbornly refused to take any honors courses my first year of high school (perhaps believing for some reason that I didn't really belong there) and Mr. Connor recognized that I needed some extra attention. He assigned me work that not only got me to wake up for an hour or so everyday, but that challenged me. He showed me that he wasn't going to write me off as so many other teachers had done. As a result, the same kid who was such a discipline problem at times for other teachers was a respectful, earnest learner in his class. Mr. Connor taught me that one of the most important parts of being a good teacher is never giving up on a kid, no matter what you hear from other teachers.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:16 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My favorite grade and teacher with fifth grade. I had a wonderful teacher who made everything fun and interesting. She new how to talk to her students and really made us feel like we were important and smart. I still talk to her today. She is a great person. :)

Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My favorite grade and teacher with fifth grade. I had a wonderful teacher who made everything fun and interesting. She new how to talk to her students and really made us feel like we were important and smart. I still talk to her today. She is a great person. :)

Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really enjoyed eighth grade. I was in a true middle school and had the football coach for science, I don’t really like science, but he made learning fun and I really felt as if he cared for me personally. The connection was always stronger for me with some one that I could identify, like male teachers and coaches that seemed to always be there if I was in trouble, they held me accountable and I suffered their consequences that were often tougher than what I would have received from the principle. I liked eighth grade because I went from class to class during the day, seeing different faces and learning with different groups, I liked the self control/responsibility and flexibility of the teachers in dealing with my day to day life.

cs60119@appstate.edu

Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:46 pm
All-star
All-star

I had a fifth grade teacher who was phenominal!

Our desks were set up in groups which rotated each month, and every day, our group would lose or gain points depending on how attentive we were, how hard we worked, how quiet we were, and how well we listened to directions. It was a positive way to manage her classroom and we enjoyed seeing our points increase until the end of the week. On Friday, whichever group had the most points was given the reward of eating lunch in the classroom with her. It seemed like such a simple prize, but we cherished being able to sit and eat with her, because we loved her so much. It was a great way for her to bond with us, and we cherished the opportunity to spend time with our favorite teacher. It's a great idea that I would love to be able to incorporate into my classroom someday.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Instead of going to pre-school and kindergarden, my mother sent me to pre-kinderdance and kinderdance. What it is it? Well, it's all the same except no outside play ground and no desks. Instead of goingg to a gym or playground, we stayed in the studio and did our stretching and dance practice. Boys went, too. Instead of desks, there was one long, low table that had children's chairs. That is where the learning took place, and the fun stuff like fingerpainting. One other difference was you showed up everyday in your tights and leatard and brought along your ballet slippers. The boys wore dance pants and t-shirts.

I loved my teacher because I had her in upper level dance as well. I danced for her for abour 5 years.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:37 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]