View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Maxine Greene article 
All-star
All-star

I had a chance to do some reflecting about the M. Greene article today during a Mentor Training workshop that I attended. The title "Teaching as Possibility: A Light in Dark Times" made me think of how the mentee/novice can struggle through "dark times" in teaching. At this time of year the mentee may be wondering if he/she has prepared the students with enough information to get through the EOGs, have I communicated with parents effectively, have I documented appropriately. As the mentor, we are "the light". If we do our job (mentoring) correctly, communicating once a week with the mentee, answering the questions and concerns, then we can lift the darkness; let them feel comfortable that they have done their best. Perhaps this just means that I only understood the title of the article, but today the light came on and I just really felt that this article made me reflect on my mentoring skills. Those of you that have been mentors for awhile, let me know if this association makes sense.

Kim

Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]