View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 We're here to think 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Ishmael has finally solved the answer to why we have been reading all the articles and books that we are having trouble understanding. It jumped out at me on page 236 when Ishmael said, "Please. You're here to think." Just a little humor folks, but you'll have to admit that Ishmael is very wise. I bet he even understands Dewey and Darwin.

Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:06 pm
All-star
All-star

Thank you, Jane Lee! I am sitting here chuckling to myself as I think about what you wrote. :D

Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:30 pm
All-star
All-star

Jane Lee, I think you have figured it out. We are in this class to learn to think, question, argue our point, search for answers, stand for ourselves, etc... I am about "thunk" out. How about the rest of you?

Thanks for making me laugh!! I needed that!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DANA

Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really enjoyed reading Ishmael. I found it very interesting, and a little scarey. Could all of humanity be living under the wrong premise? The word "brainwashing" comes to my mind.
I wonder why the narrator didn't insist on getting Ishmael out of the carnival immediately? Is that just symbolism for man's "putting off today what can be done tomorrow?" Well you can see what happens when we put things off to long- Ishmael died, and what of the humane race???
I would like to sit in on the pannel of those who disscussed Cain & Able on the video we watched, AFTER they had read Ishmael. Wouldn't that be interesting.

Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]