View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Hope Day 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Since we are getting ready to have Hope Day, I thought about this question. What does everyone hope for when they become a teacher?

Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:28 pm
All-star
All-star

my hopes for teaching are outweighed at this point by my fears! i have learned also through past experiences that expectations are hardly ever met, and so I try to have as little of them as possible. i like to just roll with it! i hope that i will be a knowledgable and entertaining teacher. i hope that my students feel like they can rely and depend on me. i hope that i am happy and challenged with my teaching career. most of all, i hope that the students learn concepts of history instead of just dates and facts, so that they will have a broad knowledge of life and those who came before us.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:08 am
All-star
All-star

What an excellent question and a hard one for me to answer! I have always hoped to be able to be the best educator that I can possibly be and to make a large impact on a child. However, now, there are so many more hopes and dreams that they all have seemed to blur together and like Brandi have become overwhelmed by my fears. In our society today, sometimes it is hard to find hope in things, but I do feel that if there is one thing that we can find hope in, it is within our children. I truely hope to make an impact on them one day!

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:23 am
All-star
All-star

I hope that I will not only teach history to such a degree that students can understand, but that I will be able to reach into their minds and show them a world that lies beyond that of the surface, that in learning and understanding can a person find what life is all about. I hope that I will not only teach what I need to, but also that I will live what I teach. I hope that I can not only educate but inspire as so many of our own teacher have.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I hope to be able to reach out to all my students when they need my help whether it is school related or not. I look forward to having a classroom full of students but I just hope I will be able to do the best that I can

Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:00 am
All-star
All-star

I hope to be the best teacher that I can possibly be. I really hope that I can make history one of the subjects that my students look forward to learning. I know in my high school...very few people looked forward to learing what was in the past.

Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:47 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]