View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Good Stuff 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Isn't it great that we can attend a class that slams many of these issues on us and let's us examine our inner beliefs and hear those of others before actually having to teach. Hearing the opinions of others allows us to think about how we may agree or disagree and provides a foundation for what kind of teacher we may be. I enjoyed this class and look forward to many more with this group. We are fortunate not to be coming straight out of high school and having to address these issues... I know my ideas and views of the world would have been different. I feel I am much more prepared after taking this course. See ya.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:48 pm
All-star
All-star

I agre with you. I feel that since I am older I understand more and can use life experience to help me understand topics better. Someone right out of high school does not really have any experience in the "real world." This class solidified alot of ideas for the classroom.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:05 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am very grateful for this course. It has presented topics that made you think and reevaluate the way that you treat others.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:45 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have learned a great deal from this class as well. When we first started our ASU classes, I had every intention of being a strict teacher. Throughout the classes, I have learned that I will be more effectivebeing a "facilitator" instead of a teacher. I just hope can keep some of the teachers with more experience from clouding my ideals.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:13 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have to agree with you Mary, I really have learned alot from taken this class in dealing with hard issues that i will have to address at some point in time while teaching and hearing all of the ideas each of you have i can now deal with the different topics with no trouble.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]