View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 different perspective 
All-star
All-star

As we continue through our graduate program, I am starting to look at situations that occur around my building with a different perspective. I am starting to pay attention to a lot of issues and also the demeanor and behavor of coworkers as we enter the final stretch of our program. I am curious to know if anyone has experienced the same.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:00 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree. I also find myself looking at issue as well as handling situations differently than before I started the program. Being in the program and gaining so much knowledge has assisted me with looking at situations in a different perspective. I find myself answering questions from more of an administrator's perspective. I understand better now why certain issues, situations are handled in a specific way.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:22 pm
All-star
All-star

I am also starting to see some of the frustrations administrators experience. I was asked to do a survey on needed repairs as part of my Internship. I put out a survey that would take all of 30 seconds to fill out. After two weeks I still had several surveys out and I had to call to get these responses. They would say they left it on their desk..etc, I mean my goodness, how hard is it to fill out a short little survey and turn it back in? I can see the frustration....

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:48 am
All-star
All-star

I'm noticing a lot as well. Adults can be worse than kids at times. The same things that some adults demand from their students, is not the same things that they themselves are willing to give. Quite interesting!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:59 am
All-star
All-star

We are definitely entering (or have entered) another world of education. We have become one of "THEM". Now how we handle this new title is up to us. Do we want to be one of the "THEM" that we did not approve of or are we taking the opportunity to become the "THEM" that would make a positive difference? I hope that I continue to remember the words of one of my previous co-workers whose advice was given to me on becoming an Assistant Principal. That advice was "Don't ever forget what it was like to be in the classroom."

Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:05 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree. I think we are forced o look at things differently, and "that's a good thing"

Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:04 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Not only have I noticed things around my school building, but I have also began to notice the different treatment that I receive depending on if I am in a role as a teacher or during my intern hours. It is funny to see things through different eyes now.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]