View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Our changing economy 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It has become quite evident over the past decade that our traditional, manufacturing ecomony is going by the wayside. With China's large population base, our ability is survive in a global market is dependent on a more information and service based economy.

In light of that, how do you all think it will affect the students that would usually fill those shrinking manufacturing jobs. And what will that do to our society as a whole?

"I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm kinda a big deal...People know me."

Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:45 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Good point Danny, I think that we will become a service/retail nation and the gap between the rich and the middle/lower class will become even bigger. There are many cities in this state where service has become the most common job. As it is now, all of the information jobs are going over seas, where the workers earn lower wages than here. I think there will have to be more specialization in our work force so people will have employment in the future. Education will be very specialized in the future.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]