View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 articles involving Wal-Mart 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I came across two articles tonight on msn.com about Wal-Mart. The first one is from San Diego where the city council just voted to ban some giant retailers, including Wal-Mart, from the area. The governor is ready to veto it though. The council argued that it puts smaller buisnesses out of business, pays poorly, and causes pollution. GO San Diego!
It also mentioned the living wage ordiance that Chicago tried to pass making Wal-Mart pay its employees more money.
The other article is about TV commericals where 3 Wal-Mart employees are requesting better working conditions just in time for the holidays. I wonder if the ads will discourage anyone from shopping there this Christmas.

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:58 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Just last night at dinner my friends and I were talking about this very same thing. In Taylorsville where I live WalMart has pretty much taken over. It has put many small, privately owned business' out. We decieded last night that sure there prices are low now but when they are eventually the only place to shop in a town there prices will begin to rise. I try to avoid Wal mart if at all possible.
Kasey

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:40 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Kelly, I heard about the same situations on the radio this past week. I heard the radio hosts and their opinions of the situations that are occuring with the Wal-mart chain. The hosts had such varying opinions. One was for, one was against, and the other person didn't know how to react.

Kasey, speaking of Taylorsville and Wal-mart, I wonder what will happen with the new Wal-mart being built on 16 in Conover?

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]